Thursday 2 February 2012

The PayPal sprinter turning into a dinosaur

Earlier I commented how we'd blacklisted PayPal as a payment service provider. Their actions today have helped confirm the validity of our decision. Their support team sent us a whining email to alert us that my registered credit card had expired, that they'd removed the details and, whooopeee-doo, I would not be able to make instant payments. Is that the real case even if I have sufficient credit in the PayPal account?!

Anyway I replied to their email pointing out that given their earlier performance they do not feature on our business food chain any longer. I was not surprised to receive an automated response email with a canned response saying I had to log on to the account and raise a support request if I wanted to communicate with them.  I don't know if you've ever tried that but they force you to plough through a forest of questions designed to stop you from communicating with them before you get to send a reply.

Hey PayPal; I was responding to a message which you sent to me. For heaven's sake PayPal sort your systems out so they are convenient for your paying customers and not just your Byzantine management diktats .

Bozo's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We automatically delete any SPAM comments. All comments are subject to moderation before publishing. Any SPAM is individually reported to Google as such, this reduces the offending site's Google Ranking.